Ten Strategies for Preventing Breast Cancer
A proponent of Dr. Joel Fuhrman—who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional and natural methods—I encourage you to review his “10 Strategies for Preventing Breast Cancer.”
1) Eat lots of green vegetables, mushrooms, & onions.
2) Use one tablespoon of ground flax or chia seed daily.
3) Reduce consumption of animal protein.
4) Don’t eat fried foods or well-done meats.
5) Choose supplements without synthetic folic acid.
6) Exercise at least three hours a week and maintain a lean body with little body fat.
7) Alcohol in moderation.
8) Do not smoke.
9) Limit your exposure to estrogen.
And finally, patients often ask me, “What can I do to take the best possible care of my eyes?” It’s often been said that we are what we eat, and the evidence exists that what is good for the body is also good for our eyes. From preventing or slowing down age-related macular degeneration to the development of cataracts, nutrition plays a key role in eye health.
Photo credit: Dr. Shawn Hollander